Sunday, June 7, 2009

Welcome!

Hi! I'm Sylvie and this is a blog about the similarities between Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Gregory House.
I was into Holmes for a long time before I discovered House, and then only because Wikipedia, my father, and various other people recommended it for its Sherlockian background. So I checked it out and got hooked.
I was, however, disheartened in talking to other House fans in realizing that I was alone in my fascination with the similarities between the Master Detective and the good doctor.
So I decided to scour the internet for like minded people, and what better way to do than to start a blog?
EDIT: I will be using the generally accepted canon abbreviations for the stories, that can be found here
EDIT 2: If you wish to find the complete canon online, Camden House is your best place, as it contains all the original illustrations in addition to the text and is quite easy to navigate.

2 comments:

  1. Violet -

    You are providing a noble and needed service. Bless you and the horse you road in on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly, sir.

    Not to nitpick, but I *rode* in on a horse. Or rather a bicycle named Steve McQueen, but you get the picture

    ReplyDelete