Thursday, June 11, 2009

Damned if You Do: Episode 5

Damned if You Do similarities include:

House and the Santa clinic patient:
House: Let me guess. Inflammatory bowel.
Clinic Patient: Wow yeah. Is it that bad?
H: Yes. It's also written on your chart.

House may be able to deduce things from a glance, but he isn't above "cheating." Neither is Holmes, of course.

Take, for example, in the first chapter of Hound of the Baskervilles, when Watson is studying a walking stick, left by a client:
“Well, Watson, what do you make of it?”
Holmes was sitting with his back to me, and I had given him no sign of my occupation.
“How did you know what I was doing? I believe you have eyes in the back of your head.”
“I have, at least, a well-polished, silver-plated coffee-pot in front of me,”

I like to think that in the musical montage at the end, when House is playing the piano, Wilson is there. After all, Holmes played violin for Watson...

No comments:

Post a Comment