Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Occam's Razor: Episode 3

Rewatching Occam's Razor yielded a couple similarities:

The Ducklings' little conversation along the lines of:
Cam: His insane ideas are usually right...
Chase: He thinks outside the box, is that so evil?
Foreman: He has no idea where the box is!

Sounds a bit to me like Watson's exchange with Lestrade in REIG:

"I don't think you need alarm yourself," said I. "I have usually found that there was method in his madness."
"Some folks might say there was madness in his method," muttered the Inspector.

Also, House vs Cuddy over a clinic patient with a sore throat:
C: [to patient] you have a sore throat.
H: He said it hurt... I should've deduced that it was sore!
Deduce away, House, deduce away.

Also also, every time House deduces everything about a clinic patient from merely a glance (done twice-ish in this episode, maybe three?), I get little Holmes related shivers down my spine.

And just to pound home the "they're both arrogant bastards" point, we have:
H: Make a note. I should never doubt myself

W: I think you'll remember that.

Which is comparable to:

"
My dear Watson," said he, "I cannot agree with those who rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are, and to underestimate one's self is as much a departure from truth as to exaggerate one's own powers."
(from GREE)

No comments:

Post a Comment