Saturday, September 12, 2009

My unending apologies. Also, Stacey and The Woman.

No I didn't die or just drop off the face of the earth. If you must know, I was on a super top-secret mission for the government. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. No, really! Its a very nice bridge! Lovely metal-work, and hardly ever breaks!

Anyways, in season one we get the character of Stacey Warner, House's ex, who... well, lets just say he has reason to bear a grudge (she made the decision to do the medically procedure that ended up crippling him. In her defense, she was trying to make sure amputation wasn't necessary). She's married when she is hired (she's a lawyer) by the hospital, but obviously still has feelings for House (Why is anybody's guess, what with him being an ass and all).

Stacey bears quite a few resemblances to Irene Adler, a point I think I made before (did I? Did I not? Until I stop being lazy and check my archives, the world will never know) and now is the time to talk about that and stuff. Yeah.

Personally, I connect them because they are both widely accepted love interests that I don't think should be love interests. Other than that, though, they both seem to be on the list of the very few people who can stand up to House/Holmes. House's sparring with Stacey seems to mirror Holmes' grudging respect for Irene (who was awarded the oh-so-loving nickname of The Woman. All assembled who want me to change the Adler tag to The Woman, raise your hand. *raises hand* Aaaalright, then!). They also both have husbands that no one cares about.

So yeah, that's that!

1 comment: